Last update: 2020-04-01
You just have to write about something, and it changes. In this case, that’s pretty good 🙂 . So here’s a list of APIs and data sources for the CoV-2 pandemia.
- https://covid19api.com/ – the name says it all. Explicitly free.
Data source: Johns Hopkins University
- https://coronavirus-tracker-api.herokuapp.com/ – an API for the numbers, includes history.
Data source: unknown.
- https://corona-stats.online/ – another (somewhat strange) API.
Data source: worldometers.info (default), Johns Hopkins University (optional)
- The Humanitarian Data Exchange’s COVID-19 case data
No idea where this data comes from, but it’s the only machine-readable data source I found.
- COVID survival calculator (added 2020-04-01)
almost 5 MB dataset of unknown origin, including links to other sources
- Our World in Data (added 2020-04-01)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
Daily data tables for download in various formats
- Johns Hopkins Data on GitHub
- A dataset on Kaggle
Although I think for downloading you need an account
Dashboards and visualizations:
- Information is Beautiful (added 2020-04-04)
- Datawrapper.de (added 2020-04-04)
- 1point3acres.com (US only, added 2020-04-04)
- A lot of user kernels on Kaggle (added 2020-04-04)
Jupyter & R notebooks you can fool around with yourself!